2011년 1월 16일 일요일

Movie Review - BIlly Elliot



     I have a movie that is very memorable in my life. I had seen the book and I had also saw a movie about it. It's title is 'Billy Elliot'. First, I am going to tell you the plot and then I am going to tell you about my overall feelings and how did the movie influenced me and ad brought a change in my life.

     First, I will talk about the movie. It's background is during the 1984~1985 UK miners' strke, and centres on the character of 11 year-old Billy Elliot. Billy loves to dance and hopes to become a professional ballet dancer. He lives with his father, Jackie ad his older brother Tony. Also, he lives with his invalid Nan, who once wanted to be a professional dancer. Jackie takes Billy to the Sports Centre to learn boxing, but Billy dislikes sport. Instead, he goes to the ballet class without the permission of Jackie. When Jackie discovers it, he forbids Billy to take anymore ballet. But Billy secretly continues his lessons with Mrs. Wilkinson. Mrs. Wilkinson believes that Billy is talented enough to study at the Royal Ballet School in London, but Billy misses the audition because of Tony's arrest. But after unintentionally seeing Billy's dance, Jackie realizes that his son is truly gifted and he tries to help Billy. His fellow miners and the neighbourhoods raise money for Billy but Billy is sternly rebuked by the revew board because he punches another boy in an unprovoked attack in the audtion. He returns with his father with disgrace but later, he gets to go to the Royal Ballet School and he becomes a professional ballet dancer at last.

    When I was watching this movie, I was feeling happy almost all the time. I was quite impressed that Billy had acheived his dream. I had learned two things from this movie which gave me some effects after watching it. First, I learned that if we try hard, dreams will come true. Billy tried hard to become a professional ballet dancer so he finally became a ballet dancer. Second, I learned that there are no such thing as gender discrimination upon jobs. At first, Jackie and Tony disagreed with Billy becoming a ballet dancer but because of Billy's will, they understood Billy and helped him. By these two important things, I had learned many important lessons and that surely effected my life. I really want you to read the book or watch the movie of 'Billy Elliot' and I assure you that you will enjoy it.

댓글 1개:

  1. Excellent work, and I also really enjoyed this film. As you might know, it is also a musical. Maybe you will get to see it on stage someday.

    답글삭제