2011년 1월 27일 목요일

Book Review - Angels and Demons


     Today I want to review a book, which I thought it was very interesting. The title of the book is 'Angels and Demons'. Some of you may have heard about it. It was very popular and it had been made as a movie also. The Author of the book is Dan Brown, who wrote the Da Vinci Code and the Deception Point which are also books that I want to recommend to you.

     First, I will breifly summarize the plot of Angels and Demons. The main character is Robert Langdon, a Harvard symbologist. He tries to stop the Illuminati, a legendary secret society, from destroying Vatican City withthe newly discovered power of antimatter. But the problem was that the antimatter would explode and destroy the Vatican City in 24 hours. Langdon attempts to retrace the steps of the "Path of Illumination", a process once used by the Illuminati as a means of inducting new members. The path leads Langdon to four locations in Rome, each associated with the one of the primordial elements; Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Finally, Langdon finds to Castel Sant' Angelo, that hides a tunnel leading directly into the pope's chambers in the Vatican. Langdon then founds out that Kohler, the leader of the CERN, has arrive to confront the camerlengo in private. Langdon thinks that Kohler was the one who committed all the things, but the truth was that the camerlengo was the one who committed all the murders. The camerlengo kills himself after the people knew about the truth.

     After reading this book, I thought it was very interesting. Not so long after I first read the book, the movie of  the book had appeared and I was fond to watch it. I don't know the reason why I preferred the book than the movie, but I think it was because that the movie couldn't show everything of the book and also it was maybe because I already knew all about the plot and the truth of the story. Whatever, I thought that this book, Angels and Demons was a very interesting book that I want to recommend to all of you. I will give you some advice about reading this book. First, watch the movie. Then, read the book. Because the book has more information, you wouldn't like to read the book first. If you watch the movie first, it would be easier for you to imagine about the plot when you are reading the book. I hope you all enjoy this book as much as I did.

댓글 1개: